High Peak Camp Is the Perfect Place to Host Your Retreat
1) High Peak Is Convenient to Estes Park
Our camp is located just a few minutes south of downtown Estes Park. We’re far enough from town to make you feel like you’re in the wilderness, but we are close enough for your group to get to enjoy the culture and amenities, such as:
- Visiting the Stanley Hotel, made famous by The Shining.
- Eating a great meal at Smokin' Dave's BBQ, The Grubsteak Restaurant, The Egg of Estes, Mountain Home Cafe, or one of the other amazing restaurants here in town.
- Playing a round of golf at the Estes Park 18-Hole Golf Course.
- Going to the top of Prospect Mountain.
- Spotting Elk pretty much anywhere in town.
- Renting bicycles to ride around Lake Estes or up and down Trail Ridge Road.
There is no shortage of things to do in and around Estes Park. Your guests will enjoy having so much to do near their retreat center.
2) High Peak Camp Has Access to Rocky Mountain National Park
Our location is perfect for groups who want quick access to RNP. Locals understand that you have to get in line early for some of the sights and trails in the park.
Staying at High Peak gives your group the chance to shuttle to the park before the early morning rush. However, we also have several trails on our property and in close proximity to other great area hikes, including:
- Lily Mountain Trail: A fairly easy 3.5-mile out-and-back.
- Fish Creek Trail and Lakeshore Loop: Easy 2.3-mile loop with nice views.
- Twin Sisters Peak Trail: A difficult 7.5-mile out-and-back with stunning views.
- Grianttrack Mountain: A difficult 7.5-mile out-and-back with amazing views.
- Lily Lake to Estes Cone Loop: A challenging 8-mile hike with great views of Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Within RNP, there are thousands of miles of hiking trails that all feature something unique. From high, alpine mountain passes to pristine lakes to virtually guaranteed wildlife, you can find something amazing on any hike in and around Estes Park.
3) High Peak Camp Has Great Meeting Spaces and Accommodations
Whether you are bringing a church group, non-profit team, corporate employees, or college ministry, you will probably need meeting space. Our two-story mill house, beautiful chapel, coach stop, and lodge facilities provide ample space for inside group sessions.
We have the capacity to host and serve meals for over 150 people, so you don’t have to worry about having ways for people to eat on campus.
Our five newest halls can accommodate 176 overnight visitors. There are twenty-five rooms in our Rocky Mountain Lodge that can also sleep upwards of ninety guests. A variety of smaller cabins are also available for groups that want to spend even more time together.
While our meeting spaces and accommodations do not sacrifice technological amenities and comfort, our property is designed to highlight God’s creation. Our outdoor and indoor areas are meant to remind each person of how the beauty of nature points to the glory of God.
4) High Peak Camp Has Plenty of Adventurous Activities On Campus
No retreat is complete without adventure activities. High Peak has a number of fun options for team-building and having fun.
From scaling our intense climbing wall to ripping down our exhilarating zip line, there is no shortage of thrills to be found at High Peak. Don’t worry; we also have some activities that allow guests to wind down, like hiking and fishing.
Whether your group is looking for an exciting adventure, a quiet, restful activity, or something in between, such as disc golf, we have what you need for team-building adventure activities at High Peak Camp.
5) High Peak Camp Is a Salvation Army Camp
High Peak Camp is a Christian camp operated by The Salvation Army Intermountain Division. Our mission is to use nature and the great outdoors as a setting to share the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach environmental awareness, encourage pro-social behavior and safely provide opportunity to every camper for fun and adventure.
Our retreat staff is committed to fulfilling our mission, which means we’re here to serve you in any way we can. We would love to answer your questions about our camp and retreat facilities; contact the team at High Peak Camp today.