Pastoral Care Retreats
As noted in Wikipedia, pastoral care is an ancient model of emotional, social, and spiritual support that can be found in all cultures and traditions. The term is considered inclusive of distinctly non-religious forms of support, as well as support for people from religious communities.
In a pure Christian setting, pastoral care or pastoral ministry is a very important function of the church pastor, and pastoral staff carried out at the local level within the church body.
However, there are many cases where pastoral retreats are utilized for intentional pastoral care with groups of people such as veterans with disabilities, married couples, abused children, etc.
And High Peak Camp in Estes Park, Colorado, offers everything needed for your next pastoral care retreat.
Pastoral Care Retreats in Estes Park, Colorado
Estes Park is a town in northern Colorado. It’s known as a base for the Rocky Mountain National Park, home to wildlife, including elk and bears, plus miles of trails. The park’s Trail Ridge Road winds past craggy peaks, forests, and tundra.
Nearby are the wilderness areas of Roosevelt National Forest. The Estes Park Aerial Tramway connects the town to the summit of Prospect Mountain for views over the valley.
High Peak Camp and Conference Center, located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado is open year-round and offers a fantastic setting for your next group retreat. Rental facilities are available from mid-August through mid-May. High Peak Camp's facilities are a unique blend of rustic and new.
Among the rustic buildings, new structures have been placed. We have the capacity to host and serve meals for over 150 people.
For overnight stays, our five newer dormitories sleep 176 people. Our Rocky Mountain Lodge has 25 rooms accommodating up to 90 people. For indoor and group meeting needs, our two-story mill building, state-of-the-art chapel, coach stop, and lodge areas provide adequate space. Also available are various smaller cabins.
Five Benefits of a Pastoral Care Retreat
- Develop a stronger connection with you: With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it can be difficult to allocate time for yourself, whether it be for exercise, meditation, prayer, relaxation, or anything else. At a retreat, you are committing to anywhere from a single day to several weeks in a setting away from home to concentrate solely on yourself, your thoughts, and your spiritual being.
- Male inner peace a priority: Over the course of the retreat, you’ll be exposed to teachings that are intended to help you make sense of your every thought and realign each one in a positive and peaceful direction.
- Connect with kindred spirits: During the retreat, you will be with others that are working through similar issues as you, and collectively, you can work to help each other and develop lifelong relationships that can be available to assist you as you reach your potential.
- Have fun in the process: You can take time during your retreat to just enjoy yourself and experience new adventures that you would ordinarily not be able to.
- Become a better teacher to others: You can take what you learn to improve yourself and share these principles with others that may be experiencing similar challenges,
Pastoral care retreats can be the key to successfully assisting people in need to overcome life problems through intensive therapy sessions in a setting free of the stresses of everyday life. High Peak Camp and Conference Center can be the place to meet your needs for your next planned pastoral retreat.
If you are interested in scheduling a pastoral retreat at High Peak Camp in Estes Park, reach out to us today!