Disc Golf Course Estes Park, CO
People connect with God through nature in many different ways. Some prefer hiking and long backcountry treks through the wilderness.
Others prefer shredding sick mountain biking trails as fast as possible. Still, others would rather wade into flowing water in search of prized trout. Many enjoy disc golf as their preferred outdoor activity.
A Brief Explanation and History of Disc Golf
Disc golf is a flying disc sport in which participants toss a disc toward a target while following golf-like regulations. Polypropylene plastic, also known as polypropene, is a thermoplastic polymer resin used in a wide range of applications, including disc golf discs.
The game is commonly performed on a nine or eighteen-hole course, like golf. A hole is completed by tossing a disc from a launching pad or area tee toward a basket, then throwing again from the location the disc landed after the first throw. This process is repeated until the basket is reached.
The number of shots a player takes to hit each bucket is recorded (typically in relation to par), and players aim to finish each hole with the fewest total throws possible. The sport is governed by the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA) and is actively played in over forty countries.
Disc Golf Course at a Retreat Center Estes Park, CO
High Peak Camp is proud to provide disc golf as one of the many ways in which our guests can get out in nature. Our course allows disc golfers to sharpen their skills while on retreat, engage in competitive sportsmanship, get healthy exercise, and, of course, have a great time with friends.
There are many reasons to host your retreat at High Peak Camp, in addition to our excellent disc golf course.
Why You Should Host Your Retreat at High Peak Camp
Some of the benefits of hosting a retreat at High Peak include:
- Our Lodging: High Peak Camp offers comfortable accommodations in various types that suit a variety of group sizes and needs. Your retreat participants will not have to feel like they're roughing it.
- Our Facilities: If you will be meeting with your retreat participants, we have numerous spaces that accommodate a variety of needs, including a new, state-of-the-art chapel.
- Our Adventures: High Peak Camp has many other team-building and adventure activities, including a climbing wall and a thrilling zip line.
- Our Fishing: Perhaps you will have guests who prefer to fish while others are disc golfing. We have several fully stocked ponds for a day or hour on the banks.
- Our Hiking: We are located in the Rocky Mountains, so there are amazing hiking trails on our campus and throughout the surrounding area.
- Our Outdoor Spaces: In addition to our indoor facilities, we have amazing outdoor spaces perfect for building your team and getting people to open up.
- Our Access: Our camp and retreat center is located just a short distance from downtown Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park.
Are you ready to book your retreat and enjoy the disc golf course among our many other amenities? We would love to talk with you more about how you can host your group here at High Peak Camp. Contact us for more information and to get started booking your retreat today.