You might all be just getting started or welcoming new members. You might just need a spark to get new conversations going. A men's retreat in the mountains is just the type of thing that can help your men's group grow.
In this article, we are talking about the benefits of having a men's retreat at High Peak.
Seven Reasons Your Men’s Retreat Needs a Weekend at High Peak Camp
1) High Peak Camp Gives You Countless Miles of Hiking Options in the Rockies
There are a number of hiking trails available on our property itself, providing your men’s group with amazing views of the Rocky Mountains. From camp, you have access to Rocky Mountain National Park. Of course, RNP hikes can range from short, beautiful loop trails to week-long excursions. Some of the hikes in and around our camp include:
- Fish Creek Trail and Lakeshore Loop: This is a relatively easy 2.3-mile loop with nice views of the area and accessibility to downtown Estes Park.
- Lily Mountain Trail: A 3.5-mile out-and-back, you’ll climb 1,200-feet to an amazing vantage point on this trail.
- Twin Sisters Peak Trail: This 7.5-mile out-and-back is a challenging 2,500-foot climb to the time of Twin Sisters Peak. Of course, if your men’s group makes it to the peak, they will be rewarded with absolutely stunning views.
- Lily Lake to Estes Cone Loop: This is a hybrid out-and-back and loop, although you can shorten the 8-mile hike by about a mile by not including Lily Lake. By the time you climb almost 2,6000-feet, you will be treated to magnificent views of Estes Park and RNP.
- Grianttrack Mountain: This is a 7.5-mile out-and-back with 2,800-feet of climbing and more incredible views.
This list merely scratches the surface of the hiking available just outside our facility.
2) High Peak Camp Has Premier Trout Fishing
What men’s retreat would be complete without casting a line and chasing some prized trout? High Peak Camp has six trout ponds, where you can fish while enjoying the beautiful views of Mount Meeker, Longs Peak, Mount Lady Washington, Estes Cone, and Twin Sisters. There is also plenty of fast-flowing trout waters in and around Estes Park.
3) High Peak Camp Puts You in the Midst of Amazing Mountain Biking
If your men’s group enjoys rugged, backcountry mountain biking, there is plenty to choose from around Estes Park. There are also gravel roads and excellent road cycling.
4) High Peak Camp Has Comfortable Lodging
If you want to pitch a tent and rough it during your men’s retreat, you are welcome to do so on our property. However, for the men in your group that would rather have a comfortable bed and hot shower, High Peak Camp has excellent lodging options.
5) High Peak Camp Has Great Indoor Facilities
Your men’s retreat will likely include some Bible study, discussion, worship, and prayer time. We have comfortable indoor facilities with A/V equipment, DVD players, fireplaces, and even kitchens. You will have plenty of room and the equipment you need to dive deep into the most important conversations.
6) High Peak Camp Provides Fun Outdoor Activities
There are plenty of activities in which to partake at High Peak, including:
- Climbing Wall
- Disc Golf
- Snow Shoes
- Ice Skating
- Mini Golf
- Gaga ball
- Zip Line
These activities can be added to your retreat as team-building exercises or just as part of the fun. While the men in your group may participate in structured discussion times, they will really bond while fishing or playing disc golf.
7) High Peak Camp Is Surrounded by Creation
We are surrounded by some of the most magnificent views in the world. While the activities at High Peak are a great addition to your men’s retreat, nothing can compete with God’s creation. There is nothing better for facilitating deep conversations than being surrounded by the majesty of nature and the great outdoors.
If you are planning a men’s retreat and searching for a place near Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder, or Colorado Springs, High Peak Camp is the place for you. Reach out to our team for more information about how your men’s group can benefit from a weekend retreat at High Peak Camp.