Best Place for Women’s Retreat Center
Do you need a rest? Everyone needs to disconnect from the stresses of contemporary life and re-establish a connection with nature. For a variety of reasons, you may need to retreat to nature, including:
- You, like many others, have had a trying year or two.
- You still haven't been out exploring the natural beauty of our state, even though you moved to Colorado for that purpose.
- You are a church leader who wants to give the women’s ministry an opportunity to reconnect with God and nature.
- You are a women’s ministry leader who wants to jumpstart fellowship and community within your group.
- You want to take a few days to pray and focus on Scripture and God.
Regardless of the reason, if you need a women’s ministry retreat, choosing the right retreat center is key to its success. High Peak Camp is a Salvation Army camp and retreat center in Estes Park, Colorado.
Our facilities meet a lot of needs, and our convenience to Rocky Mountain National Park ensures your group has every opportunity to experience God’s creation. Here’s what you need to know about the best place for a retreat center in Colorado.
Best Place for a Women’s Retreat - High Peak Camp in Estes Park, CO
People have come to Estes Park to get away from the city and discover fresh air and serenity since the town was created. In 1915, Rocky Mountain National Park was established, and the town was incorporated in 1917. Estes Park is the gateway to RNP and the doorway to an unlimited array of opportunities to enjoy God's creation. High Peak Camp is close to all that makes Estes Park special:
- We are minutes from walkable downtown Estes Park.
- There are numerous unique retail shops.
- There are dozens of amazing restaurants for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
- There are interesting sights to explore telling the history of our interesting town.
- There are paddle boats, bicycle rentals, and other ways to get outside while still in town.
- There are guided tours of Rocky Mountain National Park available.
Go for a Hike on Your Women’s Retreat
High Peak Camp puts you in the midst of some of the best hiking in the world. A few trails just minutes from our retreat facilities include:
- Fish Creek Trail and Lakeshore Loop: A 2.3-mile loop trail with amazing scenery of the area close to downtown Estes Park.
- Lily Mountain Trail: A 3.5-mile out-and-back trail rises 1,200 feet to an incredible view point.
- Twin Sisters Peak Trail: The 7.5-mile out-and-back hike to the summit of Twin Sisters Peak is a challenging 2,500-foot climb. Of course, if your women's group makes it to the top, they'll be rewarded with spectacular views.
- Lily Lake to Estes Cone Circle: This hike is a blend of an out-and-back and a loop, though Lily Lake can be skipped to shorten the 8-mile hike in half. You'll have great views of Estes Park and RNP by the time you reach around 2,6000 feet.
- Gianttrack Mountain is a 7.5-mile out-and-back trail with 2,800 feet of ascent and even more spectacular views.
Why High Peak Camp in Estes Park
Why choose High Peak Camp for your women’s retreat? In addition to our proximity to Estes Park and RNP, High Peak Camp has comfortable accommodations that meet the needs of a variety of groups.
We have well-appointed indoor and outdoor meeting spaces that suit a range of needs. If you would like to book your women’s retreat or you have additional questions, reach out to High Peak Camp today.